Back to blog
Week Ending 2021-04-25
“Bitcoin's got its issues. But it is not competing with perfection.” - Dan Kaminsky (rip)
Prague-based gaming supplement maker MADMONQ secures €500,000 in seed funding (tech.eu)
- MADMONQ is a chewable supplement comprised of organic caffeine, tea extracts, non-essential amino acids, adaptogenic herbs, and other nutrient-dense ingredients.
- Although the supplement market alone is worth at least $100BN+, esports players and gamers are largely neglected and have yet received nutritional supplements tailored to meet their unique needs.
- You can also order it here.
- Opinion: Congratulations to Michal and Petr on this funding round. Great lineup of investors that will help promote the product in gaming and poker communities. It will be interesting to see if they also manage to expand to more casual use as a replacement of energy drinks.
FintechOS raises $60 million in Draper Esprit led Series B round (tech.eu)
- FintechOS allows financial service providers to start small with their digitalisation projects and then scale them rapidly. The solution works hand in hand with legacy systems and offers users a low-code, self-service approach.
- The funding is slated to be used in propelling the company’s international expansion plans, with sights set on the APAC, MEA, and North American markets. Likewise, FintechOS wants to expand core system capabilities in its banking and insurance offerings and customer personalisation via AI and machine learning.
- Opinion: Another great testament for the growth of Romanian startup ecosystem. Something has to be right in the country when this type of startup can succeed there while in other CEE countries these low-code fintechs didn’t manage to grow that well.